- 1. Introduction
- 2. General Description of the Protocol
- 3. Document Structure
- 4.1. Names and Addresses
- Device Names
- Device Address
- 4.2. Parameter Group
- Structure and Type of a Parameter Group
- Example of a Global Parameter Group
- Example of a Specific Parameter Group
- Parameter Groups reserved specially for the Protocol
- 4.3. Data Management
- Suspect Parameter Number (SPN)
- SLOT Definition
- 5. Network Management
- 6. Transport Protocols (Multi-packet Messages)
- 7. Diagnostics
Learning Module J1939
SAE J1939 is a communication protocol based on CAN (Controller Area Network) that is in widespread use in all types of commercial vehicles. The protocol standardizes communication between networked electronic components in the vehicle and, if applicable, their add-on equipment.
This E-Learning module is aimed at anyone who wants an overview of J1939.
Vector Training Classes
This E-Learning module also provides optimal preparation for the J1939 workshop of the VectorAcademy. All E-Learning topics are covered there in greater depth and backed up with real-world examples.
- Overview of J1939
- CAN Fundamentals
- 22 learning units
- 10 minutes per learning unit
For further navigation please use the arrows within the gray bar in the top right corner.