- 1. Introduction
- 2. CAN Communication
- 3. CAN Framing
- 4. CAN Bus Access
- 5. CAN Data Protection
6. CAN FD
- Advantages and Consequences
- New Types of Frames
- Details of a CAN FD Frame
- Distinguishing CAN from CAN FD Frames
- Compatibility of CAN and CAN FD Controllers
- Accelerated Transmission
- Indicating too many Errors
- Length of the Data Field
- More Data with the same Security
- Changed Rules for Bit Stuffing and CRC Calculation
- 7. Learning Objectives Test
Learning Module CAN
CAN (Controller Area Network) is a serial communication technology used especially for reliable data exchange between electronic control units (ECUs) in the automobile.
This E-Learning module is intended for all those who want to gain a better understanding of CAN communication technology.
Vector Training Classes
This E-Learning module is also ideal for all those who plan to participate in Vector training courses of the VectorAcademy. That is because a certain understanding of data communication simplifies your entry into the vast majority of Vector training courses. This E-Learning module is even useful as preparation for a CAN Fundamentals seminar, since you will revisit much of what you acquire by E-Learning in the seminar, and this reinforces what you have already learned.
- Understanding data communication in the CAN network
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Motivation and time
- 37 Learning units
- 4 Learning objectives tests
- 10 minutes per learning unit
For further navigation please use the arrows within the gray bar in the top right corner.